28 February 2012

LFW: Matthew Williamson AW12

On Sunday afternoon, I headed to the beautiful surroundings of the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden for Matthew Williamson's show.

To say I was excited about being on the Stila Pro Artist Team this London Fashion Week, was an understatement. Not only was I priveleged enough to be working on one of my favourite designer's shows, but also alongside the amazing Sarah Lucero, who is Global Director of Creative Artistry for the brand.


Stila Cosmetics have been one of my most favourite brands and I was devastated when they disapeared a couple of years back- but they're back and better than ever!!! Yes!

On to the show.....


The brief behind the makeup was a celebration of youthfulness and natural beauty which complimented the detail and opulence of Williamson's collection perfectly.

Hair followed suit with simplicity and was created by Toni&Guy.  It was great to catch up with some of the old Kensington crew after the show! They created a beautiful, low, deconstructed ponytail, with a side parting.




My favourite product discovery for the day was the Stila Perfecting Concealer as it does exactly what the name suggests! It had the perfect texture and amount of coverage to create a flawless, yet natural complexion. I've gotta get me some of that to cover my dark circles, that's for sure!




two of the MW beauties I made up for LFW

The collection itself featured embellishments such as sequins and fur with a colour pallette that embraced metallic tones and bold splashes of colour. Williamson's creations  capture a variety of occaisions, from beautiful, flowing dresses you could wear to the most glamourous Ibiza wedding to more tailored and structural pieces that you could wear in the day.

click here to check out the collection in it's entire glory

Stay posted for step by steps, how to receate this beautiful, wearable look!

MX




No comments:

Post a Comment